- Population: 854,098
- Capital: Suva
- Official Language: English, Hindustani, and Bau Fijian
- Area: Fiji is located 1,200 miles Northeast of New Zealand. There are two larger and 110 smaller inhabited islands, both volcanic and coralline. There is around 7,100 square miles of land in this area, slightly larger than the state of Connecticut.
- Fiji has an abundant amount of resources: forest, mineral, and fish. It also has one of the most developed economies in the Pacific and attracts many tourists each year to the beautiful island. Despite living in Paradise, the country suffers from coups, which are sudden violent groups that attempt to overthrow the government. Please pray that God would give the leaders in that country wisdom and patience as they combat these civil wars.
- People suffer from Alcoholism and abuse in the homes. Broken families are prevalent in Fiji. Ask God to convict the hearts of men and women who are captivated by the power of sin and break their chains of entanglement so they can live victoriously.
- The Indian people are working hard to build a positive community on the Island. Unfortunately, racism undermines their efforts. The British and Fijan people perceive them as outsiders and sub-human. Since Fiji professes to be a Christian country, it discredits the gospel in the eyes of most Indians. Pray that God would send revival to the churches and bring peace and reconciliation for all people. Jesus said he was coming back for every tribe, tongue, and nation, and that includes the Indian people.